Saturday, April 3, 2010

Delectable Deliciousness Celebrates a Birthday




pink macarons - pedestal


Hard to believe it's already been a year since I began my blogging journey. So much has changed. In fact, so much so that it feels like two years ago, not just one.

I've enjoyed my slow but steady pace along the way this first year and while things have (really) slowed down over the past several months, I hope to pick it up in the future. I have a renewed excitement over many things and as most bloggers and food enthusiasts, a looong list of things I wish to try and experiment with.

One thing I'm truly focused on is improving my photography skills. There's always more to learn and I am very eager to do so! It truly makes me happy to look at some of the images I've captured and this blog certainly is a collection of a lot of them. I feel I can see a bit of growth in my images from last year at this time and that makes me happy.


pink macarons - short stack


I am still excited to read every new comment from you, my readers ("I have readers!" She says, excitedly) and appreciate every single one of them. I know things can be slow around here and I am so happy to know that there are people out there, taking time out of their day, their busy life, to stop by here to look around and sometimes even say a word or two of encouragement.

For that, I thank you.

And if I could, I'd bake you all a batch of these scrumptious macarons and send them to you to show you that I really mean it! :)

Happy 1st Birthday Delectable Deliciousness!


pink macarons - bite

11 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! Wow, so many people started their blogs around this time. I just celebrated mine, too.

    Your photos have improved tremendously. These are lovely. You should put them as your header to mark a new year of food blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these photos are lovely. Congrats on the year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a wonderful year of baking and wonderful food photography! Looking forward to more delicious recipes. http://www.foodista.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! That first photo is one of the most beautiful photos I've seen in a while. Everything about it is absolutely stunning! I'd love a print of it for my kitchen.

    Your macarons look amazing and that cake stand is gorgeous. Do you mind my asking where you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversary! Your macarons are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary!!!!!!!! :)
    These macarons look to die for! :) I have to learn how to make these... I've only had them once before, and it was in Paris, France... In A MCDONALDS!!! yeah. There was a mc'cafe, that had espresso, cappuccino, macarons and so many other things... I was in shock.
    Anyways, my little story is done now. :) All the best, and congrats on keeping with the blog for a year! :) Beautiful photography, I'd say that you're already up there with tons of talent in that department! :)
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first year! These photos are gorgeous, and your macarons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone!

    @Amy - if you're interested in a print, send me an email ;) and the cake stand I found at Costco.

    @Nikki - I've heard that before! Crazy that McDonald's of all places would have them. And wow, thanks for the tremendous compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blog'day. Stunning macarons too.............superb. Maybe you'd like to join Mactweets http://www.mactweets.blogspot.com/. Oz of kitchenbutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday! Just found your lovely site here and I cant wait to peruse through your older post. This post is just beautiful and yes your photography just gets better and better! The tones and colors in the top picture are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your first year! These photos are gorgeous, and your macarons are perfect!


    Odin

    ReplyDelete